This book is for people who want to move the needle on their creative projects. The 27 micro-essays within tackle issues around social media overload, finding time to get work done while working jobs, and finding actionable strategies for fleshing out ideas and assigning value to them, I pulled out all the stops on this one.
Part 1: Mindset
- Begin With Where You Are
- What It Means To Be An Artist
- The Problem With Social Media
- Do a Bad Job
- Mutual Medicine
- Your Work Creates Rather Than Takes
- Plato's Cave
- Form a Band
- Enjoy the Challenge of Business
- The Cold Shower
- Cast a Stunt Double
- Artists with Jobs
- Fleshing Ideas Out
Part 2: Fleshing Ideas Out
- Morning Pages and Free Writing
- The Value of Content
- What is the Minimum Viable Sale?
- Why You Don't Have to Become Mike Holmes
- Play to the Coffee Shop
- Getting to Work
Part 3: Getting to Work
- Evening Routines
- When is the Right Time for X?
- No Deadline, No Delivery
- Beauty is Found in Less
- What You Can Learn from a Rookie Lawyer
- The Art of Doing Nothing
- Tying It All Together: Working Through a Pandemic
Read a free sample.